- As blockchain technology is further embraced and used more widely, some of this legislation is going to line up more seamlessly.
- Regulators are always going to need some form of oversight. The biggest thing for them is to have a responsible party, so if a blockchain fails, they will have someone for the ax to fall on.
- The programmability is the real big benefit of security tokens, because it allows us to code in the compliance rules straight into the token and therefore it creates a much easier transferability.
- Tokens are securities and issuing a security is a complex activity that involves many duties, both to your investors and to the regulators. Founders shouldn’t expect this to be just a simple, easy way to raise funds.
- Lawyers need to see blockchain as an opportunity. They need to look at the bigger picture – this is a huge new emerging technology, and market, and it’s going to provide a lot of opportunities for navigating new legal waters.